In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Thrives in 3-6 hours of sun per day and cooling shade for the rest.
Easy to grow
Minimal pruning, watering and pest or disease concerns.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
Bring a bold pink colour to your outdoor space with the easy-to-grow 'E.G. Waterhouse' camellia. First bred by E G Waterhouse in Australia in 1946, this beautiful shrub has won heaps of awards. While it blossoms with pink double flowers in early spring, its evergreen dark leaves are there year-round to add colour to your borders or terrace. Like most camellias, 'E.G. Waterhouse' tends to grow in an upright, narrow shape to approximately 3 m tall, so it's ideal for smaller spaces. It's also super low-maintenance as the blooms fall off after flowering, so there's no need for you to deadhead.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
The 'E.G. Waterhouse' camellia is easy to grow, but it does need the right start. Choose a shady location away from trees, roots, heat and weeds for the best results.
Into the Ground
You'll need a trowel, some water, a bag of ericaceous compost and mulch when you plant yours.
- Saturate the potted plant to ease the rootball's release.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the rootball and mix in some ericaceous compost for more acidic conditions.
- Remove the old pot and place the Camellia so the top of the rootball is visible above the soil line.
- Fill the hole with more mixed compost and soil.
- Gently pat and water well.
- Mulch around, but not touching the top.
Into a Pot
This camellia thrives in a pot, so choose a nice big one to go with your ericaceous compost and soil mix, your trowel, a full watering can and some mulch.
- Douse the old pot well to aid transplanting.
- Put some compost/soil mix into the base of the pot.
- Take off the old container and position the plant so the rootball peeks out above the soil line.
- Pack in the mixed compost and soil around the outside but don't compress it.
- Water well and mulch for protection.
Camellia × williamsii 'E.G. Waterhouse'
Looks after itself
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £35.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £35.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.