Camellia japonica 'Doctor King'£24.99
Estimated Standard Delivery £5.99
Delivered within 2-4 working days
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
Layers of reddish-pink petals with sunshine-yellow stamens make this Camellia japonica a vibrant addition to any garden.
‘Doctor King’ as it's also known blooms from February to April with ruffled large semi-double flowers so it’s a quick way to enliven your outdoor space after the winter months.
Whatever the season though you’ll have green glossy foliage year-round.
This evergreen shrub likes fertile moist and well-drained soil.
Choosing the acidic type for planting the Camellia japonica however will inspire it to reach an approximate height of four metres over ten to twenty years.
Placing it in a sheltered spot to protect it from cold dry winds and feeding it with fertiliser will spur the beautiful buds to flower joyfully.
The decorative pot is sold separately.
Find the perfect base for any style of planting explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
‘Doctor King’ will happily make itself at home in a position with full or partial shade. It's best to pick a sheltered spot away from the wind. Feed in mid-spring and early summer with an iron fertiliser.
Into the Ground
Ready to plant your Camelia japonica? Pick up your spade, a watering tool and some soil.
- Drench the plant in its pot, so it's thoroughly hydrated and ready to move home.
- Using your spade, dig a hole that’s twice the size of the camelia's rootball.
- Remove the plant gently from its pot and place it in the hole.
- Fill the hole with the mix of ericaceous compost and garden soil, pat it down and douse it with water.
Into a Pot
Choose an acidic compost to plant your Camelia japonica, as this will encourage vigorous growth. Alongside this, you’ll need a trowel and a watering can.
- Select a pot that's large enough for your plant.
- Fill it with ericaceous compost.
- Take your trowel and dig a hole twice the size of the plant’s rootball.
- Place your camelia inside.
- Fill the hole with the mix of compost and garden soil and pat it down, making sure your plant is secure.
- Water generously.
Camellia japonica 'Doctor King'
60 - 70cm
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.