Maigold' Climbing Rose£16.99
Estimated Standard Delivery £5.99
Delivered within 2-4 working days
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
The bold sun-kissed 'Maigold' climbing rose is ideal for bringing brightness into your garden.
Featuring large hand-sized blooms of yellow-bronze beauty this rose climbs up trellises and walls to approximately 2.5 m high.
It is deciduous so in the autumn and winter months the luscious green foliage will fall off while the thorny stems stay intact.
But come summer it's back to repeat flowering right through to September.
It loves a bit of sun at least half the day so position it to catch plenty of rays.
Consider the lovely fragrance it emits when choosing your spot – there's nothing like a fresh rose scent every time you walk out the door.
The decorative pot is sold separately.
Find the perfect base for any style of planting explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
The 'Maigold' rose is a full, vigorous climber, so it needs plenty of nutrients. Don't forget to choose a suitably bright spot for this sun-seeker.
Into the Ground
For in-the-ground planting, choose some high-quality compost and get your trowel and watering can at the ready – and don't forget the fertiliser.
- To make pot removal easier, soak your plant in water.
- While you wait, dig a hole twice the size of the rootball and mix in compost for drainage and nutrients.
- Take the plant and position it in the hole before filling in around it.
- Firm up and give it plenty to drink.
- Apply fertiliser or mulch in early spring and summer for better flowering.
Into a Pot
When planting the 'Maigold' rose in a container, remember to use nutritious fertiliser alongside the compost and soil. Plenty of water is a must as well.
- Soaking your potted rose makes it easier to remove the old pot and helps the roots survive transplanting.
- Choose a pot that is two times larger to be its new home. Then fill with soil and compost mixed together.
- Take off the old pot and give the plant a little shake to move the roots.
- Put your rose in the planter and fill in around it.
- Firm up and water well.
- Tie new shoots to the support.
Bit of love needed
Border or Bed, Terrace or Balcony
40 - 50cm
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.