In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
More than six hours of direct sun per day in summer to thrive.
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Easy to grow
Minimal pruning, watering and pest or disease concerns.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
With large red blooms and minimal foliage, the 'Ruby Anniversary' is the ultimate classic when it comes to roses. Blooming from July to September, this bushy shrub rose produces single stem buds, which are ideal for cut flowers. If you'd like long-lasting colour, just remember to deadhead and they'll flower through the season. The dark green leaves are deciduous, so after decorating the end of the stems throughout the summer and autumn, they drop off in winter. It has an upright and compact growing habit, so is perfect for using in rose borders, narrow beds or containers. Maybe place yours along the garden path to enjoy its light and sweet scent whenever you're outside?
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
The 'Ruby Anniversary' rose likes the sun and moist, well-drained soil most of all. But it is a hardy plant and can do well in exposed or sheltered locations.
Into the Ground
Once you have your sunny spot, grab your trowel, compost, bonemeal and water.
- Water the potted plant first to make it easier to remove the pot.
- Dig a hole twice as large as the rootball, then mix some bonemeal and compost into the base for nutrients and drainage.
- Remove the pot and place the plant in the hole.
- Mix some more soil and compost together, then fill in around the rootball until it's covered.
- Give it a drink and mulch around the base in late winter.
Into a Pot
'Ruby Anniversary' is small and compact, so it thrives in a pot. Grab your trowel and some compost, bonemeal and water, and a large container at least twice the size of the old one to get started.
- Soak the rootball of the rose in the old pot.
- Mix compost, soil and bonemeal into the base of the new one.
- Remove the old pot and place the rose onto the compost, soil and bonemeal mix.
- Fill around the rose with more compost and soil
- Water it well and add mulch in early spring.
Rosa 'Ruby Anniversary'
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.