In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Thrives in 3-6 hours of sun per day and cooling shade for the rest.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
The clusters of starry pinkish-white flowers of the Viburnum tinus ‘Gwenllian’ will add autumn interest to your outdoor space. While the rest of your garden is dormant, this evergreen shrub sprinkles its charming colours and will continue to do so throughout the year. Opening from reddish buds, the tiny, delicately scented blooms make their appearance in late winter and spring, dropping off in summer when the glossy green foliage takes centre stage. Small bunches of berries in a pleasant, metallic blue hue follow in autumn to add some colour to the ovate leaves. 'Gwenllian' works especially well as an ornamental hedge. It can take anywhere from 10 to 20 years to reach its full height, which ranges from approximately 1.5 to 2.5 metres.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
‘Gwenllian’ is a hardy plant that's easy to care for. It will be happy in any part of your garden unless the soil becomes waterlogged. It might need a little pruning to keep it in check. Plant it where you can enjoy the fragrant flowers and pretty berries.
Into the Ground
You'll need a spade, some well-rotted compost and a watering tool to plant ‘Gwenllian’ into the ground.
- Dig a generously-sized hole, two times the size of the plant's rootball.
- Enrich it with your compost, mixing it in the soil.
- Pop your plant in the hole, making sure the top of the rootball is level with the ground.
- Backfill the hole halfway, and then water the rootball.
- Finish filling the hole, then water your 'Gwenllian' well.
Into a Pot
‘Gwenllian’ can be grown in pots, and will be happiest if you select a big container with plenty of space for its roots. Choose well-draining soil and grab your trowel and watering can.
- Raise your container on pot feet to help with the drainage.
- Fill it with soil, making a hole two times the size of the plant's rootball.
- Pop your shrub into the hole, checking that the top of the rootball is even with the soil's surface.
- Backfill the hole and water generously.
Viburnum tinus 'Gwenllian'
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.