Photinia 'Red Robin'£49.99
Estimated Standard Delivery £35.99
Delivered within 3-5 working days
In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Thrives in 3-6 hours of sun per day and cooling shade for the rest.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
The Photinia 'Red Robin' is a hardy evergreen shrub that's perfect for adding a pop of colour to your outdoor space. It's wonderfully low maintenance, only requiring occasional watering. Once planted, you can expect glorious red leaves all year and pretty white flowers that bloom in spring. The bright, fiery reds are most prominent in summer and autumn.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
Before you do anything else, give your Photinia a little pampering by popping it into a bucket of water. This will reduce unnecessary stress while the plant is being relocated from its temporary transit pot.
Into the Ground
You'll need a spade and a watering tool on hand to get started, as well as some peat-free multipurpose compost or coir.
- Dig a hole twice the size and depth of the pot so that the Photinia's roots have room to grow.
- Take the photinia out of the pot and gently place it in position. Use the compost or coir to fill the hole.
- Give it a good watering and then wait a few minutes for the soil to set. If it drops down, add more compost to get the soil back up to shape.
- Water well at least weekly while your photinia gets used to its new home.
- Once established, water rarely or when conditions are dry.
Into a Pot
This is just as simple and requires the same tools, plus some gravel or grit and a pot that is at least three times the size of the transit pot the Photinia arrives in.
- Add 2 cm of gravel or grit to the bottom of your pot.
- Place your photinia in the pot and then use compost to fill. Water thoroughly.
- Continue to water regularly for 6-8 weeks while your photinia gets comfortable in its new pot.
- To avoid over or under-watering, check on moisture by putting your finger into the soil and feeling for dampness. It shouldn't be totally dry, but it shouldn't feel muddy either.
- Once established, water your Photinia weekly, or more often if needed in very dry conditions.
Photinia fraseri 'Red Robin'
125 - 150cm
Looks after itself
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £35.99Delivered within 3-5 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £35.99 · Delivered within 3-5 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 3-5 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.