Bamboo 'Golden Hedging'£39.99
Estimated Standard Delivery £5.99
Delivered within 3-5 working days
In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Thrives in 3-6 hours of sun per day and cooling shade for the rest.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
Energise outdoor spaces with Phyllostachys aurea, otherwise known as 'Golden Bamboo'. Bright stems, deep green leaves and tall swaying canes create a serene living screen – a tranquil hedging alternative for gardeners who like their privacy. It's happy in both containers and beds, and we love to repurpose old canes as sustainable supports for other climbing plants, too.
This hardy bamboo dazzles when combined with leafy exotic plants like hardy palms, tree ferns and banana, bringing a blissful slice of Bali to your backyard. It's also the perfect statement for Japanese-inspired spaces, with showstopping contrast when mixed with vibrant-leaved plants like acer.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
Into the Ground
Ready to plant your bamboo? Gather a trowel, watering can, organic compost and mulching material.
- Pick a sunny or partially shaded spot in your garden, ideally out of the wind.
- Dig some extra compost into the soil.
- Time to dig a planting hole: it should be double the size of the rootball. Place your bamboo in carefully.
- Gently sprinkle soil around the rootball, until 2-3 cm of soil covers it. Be sure not to disturb the baby rhizomes (underground stems) and water in well.
- A mulch also helps your bamboo settle in. We’re a fan of biodegradable layers like leaf mould or compost.
- Be sure to prune regularly. This bamboo grows in clumps in temperate climates so is unlikely to cause issues, but it can occasionally run amok, so keep it in check.
Into a Pot
Your golden bamboo will grow happily in containers. Grab a trowel, large pot (ideally 45 cm wide), loam-based potting compost, slow-release fertiliser pellets and water retaining gel.
- Prepare your pot: fill with compost and mix in fertiliser pellets and gel.
- Make a hole double the size of the rootball and carefully place your bamboo in.
- Carefully cover with 2-3cm of compost and water in well.
- In summer, increase watering and provide a regular liquid feed feast.
- Golden bamboo likes to rest in the winter: you can reduce watering and stop feeding it for the season.
100 - 150cm
Looks after itself
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 3-5 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 3-5 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 3-5 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.