Aucuba japonica 'Crotonifolia'£9.99
Estimated Standard Delivery £5.99
Delivered within 2-4 working days
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
The Aucuba japonica 'Crotonifolia' is an evergreen shrub that can energise any outdoor space.
Once bedded in 'Crotonifolia' is a slow grower that’s easy to care for so it’s perfect for experienced and beginner gardeners alike.
It also does well living in the shaded corners of your garden and only needs occasional pruning to keep it neat.
Nicknamed ‘spotted laurel’ the resilient shrub has leather-like green leaves with a yellow paint-splatter appearance – think nature's own Jackson Pollock.
When the plant blooms from April to May small purple flowers appear and complement the spotted leaves.
This is followed by red berries soon after pollination adding an extra pop of colour to this bushy shrub.
The decorative pot is sold separately.
Find the perfect base for any style of planting explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
'Crotonifolia' does well in both exposed or sheltered positions, though it prefers full or partial shade. It can be planted any time of the year but avoid hot or freezing temperatures – Spring or Autumn are the safest bets.
Into the Ground
Ready to plant your 'Crotonifolia'? All you need is your trowel, a watering can and some chalk, sand or loam soil.
- 'Crotonifolia' is a hardy shrub, but make sure your soil is moist and well-drained – nothing too waterlogged.
- Dig a planting hole twice the size of the rootball and place your shrub inside.
- Return some of the soil you took out earlier, to hold it in place while watering it firmly in.
- In the spring, make sure to prune any sprawling branches and to add a generous spread of mulch around the base to keep it growing healthily.
Into a Pot
'Crotonifolia' will happily grow in containers. Choose a pot with enough room, then pick up your trowel and organic compost.
- Fill your pot with compost, digging a hole twice the size of the rootball.
- Carefully place your shrub in the hole and pat it down with compost and water to firm up the roots.
- Find a shaded space to let it grow slowly and hassle-free.
- When the top 3 cm of compost dries out, water it well.
Aucuba japonica 'Crotonifolia'
40 - 50cm
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.