Estimated Standard Delivery £5.99
Delivered within 2-4 working days
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
The fast-growing Lonicera nitida or 'Box honeysuckle' is the hardy and evergreen alternative to your everyday fence.
Growing up to around 3 m tall this bushy beauty offers privacy and needs very little maintenance – just give it a prune in the summer and autumn.
Simply trim back the thin stems and small densely packed leaves to get a perfectly uniform hedge or try your hand at creating topiary shapes.
Come summertime your 'Box honeysuckle' will produce tiny lightly-scented white flowers and in autumn will be covered in dark blue berries.
Lonicera nitida is exceptionally versatile and can flourish in almost all environments making it a welcome addition to any outdoor space.
The decorative pot is sold separately.
Find the perfect base for any style of planting explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
The Lonicera nitida can be planted throughout the year – just avoid any hot and dry periods and frozen ground. It can survive in most conditions, giving you plenty of options for where to position it in your garden.
Into the Ground
Make sure to have a spade and watering can to hand, as well as some moist soil and compost.
- First up, choose your plot.
- Next, give your plant a good soak while you dig a hole about twice the size of the rootball.
- If you're using heavy sand or clay soil, add compost for moisture retention.
- Remove the original pot from the plant, and loosen the roots.
- Place your Lonicera nitida into the hole and cover up to the stem with soil.
- Firm up, water it and then add about 10 cm of mulch for pest protection.
- Aim to plant four per metre for a nice dense hedge.
Into a Pot
You'll need a spade and watering can, plus a large container with enough room to allow your Lonicera nitida to stretch out.
- Start with a pot at least double the size of the one your plant came in.
- Fill with soil and compost.
- Soak your Lonicera nitida and remove the original pot.
- Place your plant into the container, so the stem is level with the top of the soil. Then fill in around it.
- Firm up and water well.
- Remember to keep it moist, but not overwatered.
50 - 60cm
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.