Hydrangea macrophylla 'Tokyo Delight'£13.99
Estimated Standard Delivery £10.99
Delivered within 2-4 working days
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
Bring a touch of drama to your garden with the colour-changing 'Tokyo Delight' hydrangea.
This shrub has enchanting flowers that bloom from June to August with two sets of petals: snow-white florets that fade to purple and a soft lilac cluster that ages to dark red.
Depending on the type of soil you have these clusters change colour – in slightly acidic or neutral soil they are mauve-pink while strongly acidic soils turn them blue.
This charming shrub is a tough cookie reliably flowering year-on-year with little maintenance needed.
Try placing it in containers ideal for its compact size or at the front of cottage-style borders.
The decorative pot is sold separately.
Find the perfect base for any style of planting explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
Your hydrangea is best planted in spring and autumn and will thrive in areas of partial or full shade, especially sheltered spots. It prefers acidic to neutral soil, with the pH determining the colour of the flowers. Ensure the growing medium is moist and well-draining. Pop on a pair of gloves when planting as it can be slightly aggravating to the skin.
Into the Ground
When you're ready to plant your hydrangea, find a trowel, compost and a watering can.
- To keep your shrub happy, water it an hour before planting.
- Prep your soil by digging in plenty of compost.
- Dig a planting hole twice the size of the shrub's rootball.
- Place in your 'Tokyo Delight', backfill with soil and water it generously.
- Apply a layer of mulch around the base of the plant.
- Every spring, prune lightly and mulch.
Into a Pot
To settle your shrub in a container, you'll need a trowel, a large pot, potting compost and a watering can.
- Around an hour before planting, water your plant well.
- Fill up your pot with potting compost.
- Create a planting hole double the size of the rootball.
- Add your hydrangea and sprinkle in compost.
- Water in well and apply a layer of mulch.
- Gently prune and mulch generously in the spring months.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Tokyo Delight'
Looks after itself
Border or Bed, Terrace or Balcony
30 - 40cm
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £10.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £10.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.