Geranium phaeum 'Samobor'£5.99
Estimated Standard Delivery £5.99
Delivered within 2-4 working days
In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Thrives in 3-6 hours of sun per day and cooling shade for the rest.
Easy to grow
Minimal pruning, watering and pest or disease concerns.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
Considered incredibly easy to grow, the Geranium phaeum 'Samobor' adds rich maroon tones and bee-friendly flowers to any outdoor space. Also known as 'Dusky Cranesbill', this deciduous beauty begins its cycle every spring with wide green leaves featuring dark purple shades in the centre. When May arrives, you'll see tall stems emerging from the mound to produce nodding heads of maroon flowers. The petals naturally curve outwards on each head to reveal the white eyes and the pollen-rich stamens in the middle. Encourage this display to last until the end of June by pruning back fading blooms and leaves. Once the cooler weather comes in, the foliage will fade to preserve energy for the next springtime show.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
It does best in partial shade and moist conditions but can grow with any lighting. Consider supporting it with a stake if it grows particularly tall.
Into the Ground
An easy to grow specimen, all you'll need is some compost, a trowel and a watering can.
- Start by watering the potted plant well to prep the roots and soften the special 'hairy pot' it comes in.
- Next, dig a hole that is at least twice as wide and deep as the rootball.
- Mix in plenty of compost and then check the pot (made of biodegradable coir fibre) is soft and ready, then position the plant in the centre.
- Backfill the hole and pat it down to remove any air holes.
- Water well and support it with a stake if it grows tall.
Into a Pot
Grown in a 'hairy pot', this 'Samboor' is even easier to plant. So grab a nice large pot, some compost, a trowel and a watering can to start.
- Soak the plant and the 'hairy pot' in water to soften everything up.
- Take your two-times larger container and fill the base with compost and soil mixed together.
- Once the eco-friendly coir fibre pot is soft, position the plant in the new container.
- Fill in around it with more soil and compost and firm it up.
- Water it well and keep it moist. Prevent waterlogging by raising it on pot feet.
Geranium phaeum 'Samobor'
Bit of love needed
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.