Why We Love It
Why We Love It
Each spring the Rhododendron 'Percy Wiseman' will bring a rainbow of colour to your garden.
You'll see clusters of deep pink-coloured buds turn into rich cream and apricot flowers.
This compact evergreen azalea also has year-round foliage with glossy dark green leaves so you'll always be reaping the rewards of this plant.
'Percy Wiseman' is versatile and can brighten up any space – the fact that it grows particularly well in a container just gives you more freedom to find its best location.
When it has finished growing it can reach approximately 1 m high.
It only has one special request and that is acid soil but otherwise it's easy to plant and simple to care for.
The decorative pot is sold separately.
Find the perfect base for any style of planting explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
The Rhododendron 'Percy Wiseman' needs acid soil (pH 4.5 to 6). If you don't have that in your garden, grow it in a container. It grows best in partial shade with some shelter from the cold.
Into the Ground
Plant the Rhododendron 'Percy Wiseman' in October, March or April. You'll need some acid-rich organic matter, your spade and a watering tool.
- Mix your organic matter into the soil.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the rootball. When the hole is filled, the rootball should be visible at the top of the soil.
- Backfill your hole.
- Lay 8 cm of mulch of chipped conifer bark or another acidic material on top of the soil.
- Water with rainwater. Each spring, add a new layer of mulch and use ericaceous fertiliser.
Into a Pot
The Rhododendron 'Percy Wiseman' is perfect for containers. Make sure your pot has plenty of drainage holes. Take your spade, some ericaceous loam-based potting compost and your watering tool and you're ready to go.
- Add compost to your container, leaving space for your plant.
- Place your plant inside the container so that the top of the rootball is visible on the surface of the compost.
- Fill your pot with compost. Stop approximately 5 cm below the top of the pot.
- Use rainwater to water.
- Re-pot in fresh compost every two years. Every other year, replace the top 5 cm of compost.
Rhododendron 'Percy Wiseman'
Looks after itself
Border or Bed
20 - 30cm
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.