In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Thrives in 3-6 hours of sun per day and cooling shade for the rest.
Easy to grow
Minimal pruning, watering and pest or disease concerns.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
'Sweet Wishes' is a vibrant patio rose that blooms with full, round, deep red flowers. The small, velvety roses with their golden stamens grow in striking clusters against a backdrop of green foliage and bring rich colour to your garden from June to September. At approximately 30 cm high, 'Sweet Wishes' is a small rose that packs an enormous punch.
Incredibly versatile, 'Sweet Wishes' can be used to add colour to borders or make an ideal miniature hedge. Thanks to its petite size and shallow roots, this rose is also perfect for growing in a container. It will catch the eye in any size of garden and you can cut some stems to enjoy its bright colour inside too.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
The 'Sweet Wishes' rose likes sunshine or partial shade with protection from the wind. Your rose will grow best in fertile, moist but well-drained soil.
Into the Ground
You'll need some organic matter, fertiliser and your spade.
- Mix well-rotted organic matter and fertiliser into the top 20 to 30 cm of your soil.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the roots of your plant.
- Loosen the roots of your plant. Place your rose in the hole, ensuring that the top of the plant will be at the same height as the surrounding soil.
- Refill your hole.
- Each year, deadhead and prune your roses. In spring, add some fertiliser and 8 cm of mulch around the stems.
Into a Pot
'Sweet Wishes' rose is perfect for pots. You'll need a container (at least 30 cm deep), some loam-based compost and your trowel.
- Add your compost to the container leaving space for your rose.
- Loosen the roots of your rose and place it into the pot. The top of the roots should be level with the top of the compost.
- Fill the container with compost. Add a 5 cm layer of mulch.
- Every two years, remove and replace the top 5 cm of compost.
Rosa 'Sweet Wishes'
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.