In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Thrives in 3-6 hours of sun per day and cooling shade for the rest.
Easy to grow
Minimal pruning, watering and pest or disease concerns.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
Instil the warming sun-kissed colours of the 'Designer Sunset' rose into your outdoor space. This softly-scented flower blooms in enticing shades of peach, cream, salmon-pink and red from June to September. The wonderful floral clusters sprout brightly from dense, deciduous green foliage.
Whether planted along your garden border, perched beside your patio, or growing amongst your flowerbed, the ‘Designer Sunset’ rose will be a delightful sight. It will also bring the bees to your home. It grows vigorously in sunny spots, reaching around 60 cm in height over two to five years. This hardy plant calls for a mid-winter prune in terms of care, along with a good coating of compost to help it settle.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
Choose a location with a good amount of sunlight when you’re planting your ‘Designer Sunset’ rose. It’s a hardy plant that grows well in most types of soil, whether acidic or alkaline, but a well-draining spot will bring about vibrant and vigorous shoots and flowers. In winter, you’ll need to give it a thorough, hard prune – this will keep it coming back all the brighter year after year.
Into the Ground
You’ll need a spade and a fork, a watering can and some quality compost to plant your ‘Designer Sunset’ rose in the ground.
- Give your rose's roots a thorough soaking in its temporary pot 30 minutes before replanting.
- Choose a spot in the garden with plenty of sun.
- Dig a hole double the size of the rootball.
- Loosen the ground in the planting hole’s base with your fork.
- Pop a spread of compost into the base, then carefully place your plant into the hole.
- Coat it with compost and water it generously to help it settle.
Into a Pot
Grab your trowel, your watering can and some compost to pot your 'Designer Sunset’ rose.
- Fill your pot with compost.
- Dig a planting hole that’s twice the size of the rootball.
- Place your rose into the hole.
- Add more compost and firm up your rose.
- Generously water it and leave it in the sunshine.
Rosa 'Designer Sunset'
Looks after itself
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.