In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
More than six hours of direct sun per day in summer to thrive.
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Easy to grow
Minimal pruning, watering and pest or disease concerns.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
The eye-catching pink flowers of the 'Silver Jubilee' rose fade to apricot and cream in their high centres. This hybrid tea rose will enhance your outdoor space in more ways than one – the flowers are highly fragranced, filling your garden or terrace with a sweet scent from June to September. This hardy shrub thrives in soils of all types and also resists disease well, so it's suitable for gardeners whatever their level of experience. Give it a sunny spot where it's not too crowded by other plants and sheltered from strong winds, or a nice big pot on your patio. It needs well-drained soil – if yours tends to stay wet, try mixing in some sand or grit to improve drainage.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
You can plant your 'Silver Jubilee' rose at any time of year, just make sure the ground isn't waterlogged or frozen. Place it somewhere people can enjoy the fragrance – near a patio or path, for example.
Into the Ground
Ready to plant your 'Silver Jubilee' rose? Gather your spade, fork, watering tool, some compost and fertiliser.
- Mix your compost and fertiliser into the top 20-30 cm of the soil.
- Dig a hole twice as big as the plant's rootball.
- Plant your rose in the hole, lining up the graft union (where the branches start) with the top of the soil.
- Gently backfill, tamp down and water well.
- Every spring, feed your rose with fertiliser and dress with mulch. Remove dead heads and spindly growth during the growing season.
- In the first winter after planting, prune strong stems back to 30-40 cm above ground level.
Into a Pot
'Silver Jubilee' roses in containers add a splash of colour and a divine scent to a patio. Grab a spade or trowel, a watering tool and some loam-based compost.
- Raise your container on bricks to aid drainage.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the plant's rootball.
- Pop your rose in the hole, with the graft union (where the branches start) level with the top of the soil.
- Backfill, tamp down gently and water well.
- Repot with fresh compost every couple of years.
Rosa 'Silver Jubilee'
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.