In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Thrives in 3-6 hours of sun per day and cooling shade for the rest.
Easy to grow
Minimal pruning, watering and pest or disease concerns.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
'Precious Ruby' is a gem of a rose that will fill your garden with flowers all summer long. Typical of floribundas, it's a tough variety that's disease-resistant and needs little maintenance. It repeatedly blooms throughout the summer and autumn in eye-catching clusters of gently scented double-flowers. This makes it extra bee and butterfly friendly, attracting the pollinators to your patch and ensuring they have a food source. Its small, bushy form is ideal for patio pots or for blending into colourful borders. This rose is also a perfect pick for a cut flower because of its numerous uses: try steeping it into rose petal tea or infusing the petals into soothing homemade bath salts.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
You can plant your 'Precious Ruby' rose year-round, but the best time is spring or summer. This hardy shrub will flourish in full sun or semi-shade and likes any type of fertile soil, especially moist and well-drained patches. When planting, try to avoid areas where roses have previously been planted.
Into the Ground
When you're ready to plant your rose, find a trowel, compost, mycorrhizal fungi and a watering can.
- Mix plenty of compost into the soil.
- Make a planting hole twice the size of the rootball, and sprinkle in some mycorrhizal fungi.
- Plant your rose, ensuring the top of the rootball is level with the surrounding soil.
- Backfill, firm and water generously.
- Keep your plant well-watered and deadhead flowers to encourage fresh blooms.
- Give it a trim in winter: prune back and apply a layer of mulch.
Into a Pot
Ready to give your plant a home? Gather a trowel, large pot, potting compost, mycorrhizal fungi and a watering can.
- Fill your container with potting compost.
- Dig a hole double the size of the plant's rootball and add mycorrhizal fungi.
- Line up the top of the rootball with the soil around.
- Fill with compost, firm down and water in well.
- Take care of your plant by watering regularly and deadheading in the flowering season.
- Prune well during the winter months and treat to a mulch afterwards.
Rosa 'Precious Ruby'
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.