'Chinatown' Yellow Bush Rose£9.99
Estimated Standard Delivery £5.99
Delivered within 2-4 working days
In a Nutshell
What we reckon you'll want to know
More than six hours of direct sun per day in summer to thrive.
Grow outside in a garden or patio space.
Able to brave tough weather conditions and low temperatures.
Why We Love It
Why We Love It
Introduce the pleasant fragrance of the 'Chinatown' rose to your outdoor space. This attractive shrub has large, double flowers that are deep yellow in colour and often have a pretty, pink trim. The bright green, bushy foliage makes it perfect for borders and hedging and is a vibrant backdrop for its sunny flowers. When they bloom in summer and autumn, you can enjoy their sweet-smelling scent. The 'Chinatown' rose can be planted all year round. It likes a position in full sun and is at home in fertile, moist and well-drained soil. This medium-sized shrub will reach a height of approximately 1.2 metres in just 2-5 years.
The decorative pot is sold separately. Find the perfect base for any style of planting, explore our full range of pots here.
How to Plant
How to Plant
Choose a sun-filled position, away from the wind to plant your rose. Use a balanced fertiliser and mulch at the end of winter or early spring. Apply fertiliser again in early summer. Prune annually in late winter or early spring.
Into the Ground
Gather your spade, soil and well-rotted organic matter and fertiliser.
- Pick a spot with enough space around it to give your plant maximum access to water and light.
- Mix organic matter into the soil. Then, spread a general fertiliser over the surface.
- Dig your hole. It should be twice the size of the rose's rootball.
- Gently loosen the roots of your plant.
- Place the rose in the hole, ensuring the top of the plant is level with the surface of the soil around it.
- Fill in the hole with the soil you removed, then water well.
Into a Pot
You'll need a container that's large enough for your rose to grow comfortably, a trowel, soil and compost.
- Cover the drainage holes of the container with a piece of broken pot or stones.
- Add multi-purpose compost until half full.
- Place your rose in the pot with the roots approximately 5 cm below the rim.
- Add compost to fill the planter, continuing to firm the soil as you go.
- Give your rose a good water. Water regularly.
Bit of love needed
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.