Why We Love It
Why We Love It
A popular lavender ‘Twickle Purple’ is highly sought after for its long purple flowers and transportative fragrance.
Originally hailing from the Mediterranean this evergreen shrub has aromatic silvery-green leaves and is covered with lilac flowers from July to September.
This shrub is an English lavender variety which is hardier than its cousins and more attractive to your favourite garden pals like bees and other pollinators.
Lavender has the magical power of transforming gardens into chic spaces whether you’re going for a contemporary look or cottage garden charm.
You can grow ‘Twickle Purple’ in a low fragrant hedge to set off borders or make use of its compact size in a hanging basket or window box.
Combine with other herbs and let the summery scent float through your window.
How to Plant
How to Plant
Your lavender is best planted in spring (March to May) or autumn (October to November). Recreate its Mediterranean origins by placing it in a full sun spot with well-drained soil. It prefers neutral to alkaline soil but will also manage in acidic conditions.
Into the Ground
When you're ready to give your ‘Twickle Purple’ a new home, gather a trowel, horticultural grit and a watering can.
- Work some horticultural grit into the soil to prepare it for your plant.
- Dig a hole twice the size of the shrub's rootball.
- Plant your lavender, backfill with soil and firm down. Water in well.
- Every year, cut back after flowering to prevent any woody stems – late August and early September are ideal times.
- Your new plant favours dry conditions, though remember to water regularly for the first few months after planting.
Into a Pot
Miniature lavender flourishes in patio pots. Grab a trowel, a large pot (terracotta works well), horticultural grit and a watering can.
- Fill your container with potting compost, mixing in horticultural grit for drainage.
- Dig a hole double the size of your lavender's rootball and place it in.
- Backfill with soil, firm down and water in.
- Every year, prune back generously in late summer to keep your plant looking fresh.
- Water regularly while your plant makes itself at home.
Lavandula angustifolia 'Vera'
Looks after itself
Border or Bed, Greenhouse, Terrace or Balcony
10 - 20cm
DeliveryEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99Delivered within 2-4 working daysEstimated Standard Delivery £5.99 · Delivered within 2-4 working days
This item is eligible for standard delivery, we’ll work with our delivery partners to ensure you receive your delivery within 2-4 working days.
If you’re worried about your delivery or have any other burning questions please send a message to email@example.com and one of our team will get back to you as quickly as we can.